Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Farmer's Day Job


While beginning this new venture in agriculture, I am also living my life as a small-business and non-profit entreprenuer.  I live and work in the West Village and our business spans the genres of fashion and humanitarian work.  Tonight, I went to a fashion event where two friends showed their new (very beautiful!) collections.  I got dressed up, wore heels and had a few glasses of wine.  I got my nails and toes done, to look polished for attending a fashion week event...normal.  This is my life.  

But, I had a very funny epiphany...actually, at the nail salon.  Umm, I am supposed to go out to the farm on Thursday morning to start testing the soil and clearing the grass from the land in front of the stable for work space...

Why, the hell, did I just waste time at the nail place???


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay farmer Ellen! We are proud of you (I have to feel some pride, since I was a part of your first *real* farm experience)

: )